LFS image directory structure

Paul Jensen pj at pcrentals.com
Thu Jun 22 08:08:52 PDT 2000

> CURRENT
> =======
> What left me wondering was the quad main software directories on the
> pcrdallas site:
>
> mandatory
> add-ons
> optional
> favorites
>
> then there is also a
>
> scripts
>
> These directories contain stuff off varying importance and their names maybe
> do not reflect their contents.

you are correct - i have been thinking about changing this structure.  We
have added a lot of files since we began.   i want it to match Gerard's
book exactly - if he calls it mandatory, then i want the ftp directory
name to be mandatory also.   Since i am going on vacation in a week, any
changes will need to wait til i come back.

any changes made on the ftp site cause our mirror sites to have to
transfer these changes (and the austrialian mirror has to pay by the mb).
Since the ftp site is 272mb now, i am careful not to make too many
changes.

i have a cd burner now and have made a copy of the web site and ftp site.
i am trying to make it bootable also.

thanks for your suggestions. i will work on this in 3-4 weeks.

paul jensen
www.pcrdallas.com
lfs ftp/news/mail archive