shortening Signature (was: Re: HTML Download File for 2.3.5b)

Paul Jensen pj at pcrentals.com
Thu Jun 22 10:31:54 PDT 2000

> On Thu, Jun 22, 2000 at 06:19:49PM +0200, Thomas 'Balu' Walter decided:
> > I just thought of shortening it, because it is longer than most emails ;).
>
> yep ;)

i think having the info on the email is good - we have many people that
can subscribe to the lists, but can not figure out how to get off - of
course they have no chance of making a lfs system :)  Also we have had
people that said they could not find any mail archives - even with it
posted right on every email they get from lfs!

the lfs irc channel has been greatly helped by posting this info.  before
posting this, no one was on it for hours at a time.  now you can find
lfs people on it 24 hours a day - testing irc bots, giving advice,
discussing problems, and helping newbies.

i would like to even add another line about the ftp site - a week doesn't
go by without someone complaining about being able to get a file when all files
are availiable from the lfs ftp site or its 4 mirror sites.

i think it is good to advertise all the services offered by lfs - this
would actually lower the number of emails on the lists.

just my $0.02

paul jensen
www.pcrdallas.com
lfs ftp/news/mail archive