HTML Download File for 2.3.5b

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jun 22 12:01:42 PDT 2000

> We might assume that anyone willing to build a GNU/Linux-System from
> scratch, knows how to handle Majordomo. You get a confirmation
> containing unsubscribe-information for further reference anyway.

I certainly will not assume that everybody knows how to deal with
Majordomo. Majordomo isn't the only way and there are other (better)
programs that do allow the commands to be put in the subject. So it's
just needed in the footer so that people can unsubscribe without having
to first figure out how to do so. It's considered good etiquette and I
plan on abiding to it.

www.linuxfromscratch.org