about http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jun 22 12:49:29 PDT 2000

I don't know who mentioned that site but I've read it. Though I do agree
why things like Reply-to shouldn't be munged they do leave out one good
reason: how do you reply *only* to the list?

I can do a group reply and it will send a message to the author *and*
the mailinglist. I consider that a waste. The author is in 99% of the
cases subscribed to the list so that means he gets a double message. If
everybody starts doing that I'll end up with twice as much mail a day. I
get 100 regular lfs related emails and 100 double copies as replies to
what I wrote. They end up amond the 100 lfs mails and the redundant 100
personal mails. Talking about wasting time and bandwidth.

www.linuxfromscratch.org