LFS upgrade problems

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jun 22 15:38:25 PDT 2000

> configure: warning:
> *** An auxiliary program is missing or too old;
> *** some features will be disabled.
> *** Check the INSTALL file for required versions.

What are the two/three lines above and below it? I don't have a
config.log here but if I see the surrounding lines I can tell you what
the problem is. Perhaps msgfmt is missing (if so, install the gettext
package ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gettext I believe)

> configure:2799: gcc -O3 -mpentium -march=pentium -nostdlib -nostartfiles -o
> conftest conftest.c -lgcc >&5
> /usr/i586-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: warning: cannot find entry symbol _start;
> defaulting to 08048074
> /tmp/ccyqsAdN.o: In function `foo':
> /tmp/ccyqsAdN.o(.text+0xf): undefined reference to `__builtin_expect'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Which compiler are you using?

www.linuxfromscratch.org