LFS image directory structure

KL Davis info at nanux.com
Thu Jun 22 18:06:11 PDT 2000

Gerard Beekmans wrote:

> >   If the ultimate solution ment that one could use the cd to boot and
> > install LFS without having to either previously install another linux
> > distribution or have a currently running linux distribution. Count me
> > interested. This would be a perfect solution.
>
> Such a thing is going to be developed under the name of ALFS. If you're
> interested join the alfs-discuss list.

I read about ALFS on the web page, I was under the impression that it was
more automated scripts than a live CD OS?  I just burned a disk that I
think
is along the lines of what I was looking at -- simple small Linux system
that
runs entirely from a small RAM drive linked to the mounted CD.

I used most of the stuff from one of the disks that I already had,
performance
on this type of system is OK... but it is handy in that you do not have to
install
Linux on the HDD.

I will play with this disk tonight and see how it works, it would be great
to add
some automated scripts (make world?).  Let me know if the live CD OS was
something you had in mind... I may be able to save you a little time with
that
part of it?

--
        Kino L. Davis                    n,
LycanthroLabs - Linux Solutions        _/ | _