shortening Signature (was: Re: HTML Download File for 2.3.5b)

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jun 22 19:13:20 PDT 2000

> News, Info, Subscribe/Unsubscribe, etc. click below
> http://linuxfromscratch.org/somelinkhere.html
>
> Shortened while still giving people a clue?

I've thought about that. There is this 'services.html' page on the
website. Currently it only tells you about the mailinglists (which ones
are present, how to subscribe and how to unsubscribe from a list). I'll
expand this list to include how to get on irc and news. I'll probably
still leave a short line how to unsubscribe but will shorten it and
assume that people know what a 'body of a message is'. The services.html
page can explain this in more detail when needed. I'll get around it
at some point. Right now I just have other things on my mind. Which
reminds me, I haven't posted that to this list I believe.

For he and she who care:

My immigration process has sped up a bit. I submitted
the application forms 2 months ago. Usually it takes 12 to 24 months
before it's completely processed. Today I got a letter stating it's
processed, accepted, dealt with, done. In a little while (2 to 3 months)
I'll be asked to come for an interview or so, pay $975 and receive my
landed immigrant documents. If this hurries up a bit I don't have to
apply for a work permit anymore (when I have my landed immigrant
documents I can do whatever I darn well please, except vote for a new
government and kill people). So I might be able to work 2 to 3 months
sooner than I anticipated. The government cut me some slack and saves me
about 12 months of more waiting and paper work.

www.linuxfromscratch.org