about http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html

Georg Wilckens durandal at nfinity.de
Fri Jun 23 02:38:36 PDT 2000

On Thu, Jun 22, 2000 at 03:49:29PM -0400, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> I don't know who mentioned that site but I've read it. Though I do agree

I'm guilty of it.

> why things like Reply-to shouldn't be munged they do leave out one good
> reason: how do you reply *only* to the list?

They left that reason out because it's a MUA issue.

Fortunately good MUAs have resolved it. :)

Snipplet from mutt-Docu:

  list-reply (default: L)

  Reply to the current or tagged message(s) by extracting any addresses
  which match the addresses given by the ``lists'' command.  Using this
  when replying to messages posted to mailing lists help avoid duplicate
  copies being sent to the author of the message you are replying to.

> I can do a group reply and it will send a message to the author *and*
> the mailinglist. I consider that a waste. The author is in 99% of the

[...]

Yup, I agree. Sooo... could I convince you? It is going to be a change
for the list users but it's the Way To Go [tm].

Regards,
	Georg
--
Georg Wilckens <durandal at nfinity.de>

24 hours in a day...24 beers in a case...coincidence?