/usr/etc /usr/tmp

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jun 23 09:16:02 PDT 2000

> I think a previous version of FHS had a link
> from /usr/etc to /etc for compatibility with old
> software.

And I don't want to remove those directory or symlinks just because
newer FHS's don't use them anymore. I'll run my new LFS system for a
while and see which packages exactly still use /usr/tmp and /usr/etc and
if those programs are part of the LFS book, well, I'll change the
installation instructions so that those programs will use /tmp and /etc
instead. We're in a bit of a transition and those things just take a bit
time ;)

www.linuxfromscratch.org