2 things about 2.3.5b

Simon Perreault nomis80 at videotron.ca
Sat Jun 24 21:02:53 PDT 2000

I finished 2.3.5b once again, and I found 2 things that I'd like to talk
about.

1) Does everyone agree that bin86 does not work? Lilo really doesn't compile
with it, and I think I'm not alone to have this problem. Once, I played with
the as86/ld86 switches in the Makefile without ever knowing or noting what I
was doing, and I was getting more or less errors, and then it compiled fine.
So I thing either
    a) the Makefile must be edited so that it works properly (I'm sorry not
to be able to help on this point);
    b) bin86 must be replaced by linux86. linux86 works fine, and I'd like
to know what made you (Gerard) change from linux86 to bin86. What are
bin86's advantages over linux86?

2) Before making procinfo, you need to, in the Makefile, change -ltermcap
to -lcurses.