2 things about 2.3.5b

Richard Richard at reika.demon.co.uk
Sun Jun 25 00:14:07 PDT 2000

> 1) Does everyone agree that bin86 does not work? Lilo really doesn't
compile
> with it, and I think I'm not alone to have this problem. Once, I played
with
> the as86/ld86 switches in the Makefile without ever knowing or noting what
> was doing, and I was getting more or less errors, and then it compiled
fine.
> So I thing either
>     a) the Makefile must be edited so that it works properly (I'm sorry
not
> to be able to help on this point);
>     b) bin86 must be replaced by linux86. linux86 works fine, and I'd like
> to know what made you (Gerard) change from linux86 to bin86. What are
> bin86's advantages over linux86?

I found make -e did not work, but make did
My lilo.config works differently to the book.
I have installed the new version of lilo on my Red Hat installation to avoid
the wrong version of lilo MBR error.
The LFS installation can read the Red Hat stuff through /mnt/host
The /etc/lilo.conf files on each installation include the entries for RH and
LFS

Use lilo from RH and LFS, they both work.

Richard