[OFF-TOPIC] [Fwd: Linux-2.4.0-test2]

jan at helga.lk.etc.tu-bs.de jan at helga.lk.etc.tu-bs.de
Sun Jun 25 05:43:35 PDT 2000

Just in case that someone missed Linus's amusing announcement...

:)

---
From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds at transmeta.com>
Subject: Linux-2.4.0-test2
CC: Alan Cox <alan at redhat.com>

There's a "test2" kernel out there now, integrating most of the -ac
patches, and some code that wasn't in -ac.

Normally, when you integrate almost 5MB of patches, bad things happen.
This time, a miracle occurred. As I uploaded the resultant kernel, a
specter of the holy penguin appeared before me, and said "It is Good. It
is Bugfree".

As if wanting to re-assure me that yes, it really =was= the holy
penguin,
it finally added "Do you have any Herring?" before fading out in a puff
of
holy penguin-smoke. Only a faint whiff of rancid fish remains as I type
in
these words..

In short, not only are most of Alan's patches integrated, I have it on
higher authority that the result is perfect.

So if it doesn't compile for you, you must be doing something wrong.

		Linus

---