about http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html

Georg Wilckens durandal at nfinity.de
Mon Jun 26 10:43:33 PDT 2000

On Fri, Jun 23, 2000 at 12:12:08PM -0400, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> > Yup, I agree. Sooo... could I convince you? It is going to be a change
> > for the list users but it's the Way To Go [tm].
>
> I'm already convinced, but there's more than just that reason. I just
> know that everybody doesn't use a MUA that does it's job right. Well, I
> can do two things:
> 1) do it the right way and force people to change mua's

Why change? Many many people already use reasonable mailers. Mutt has
the feature, elm has ist, since elm has it, pine has it too most
probably. Anyway the ones with broken mailers don't have to change.

> 2) do it slightly wrong and accomodate people who don't have a proper
> MUA

<quote reply-to-harmful.html>

As Internet list administrators, we should encourage people to run
reasonable software. If a few people need to type in a full reply
address so that everybody else can use all the features of their
mailer, I say, ``Fine!'' We should not penalize the conscientious to
coddle those who run brain-dead software.

</quote>

> I got for option 2 for various reasons I won't explain.

Your choice.

Regards,
	Georg
--
Georg Wilckens <durandal at nfinity.de>

"There is a road to freedom.  Its milestones are Obedience, Endeavor,
Honesty, Order, Cleanliness, Sobriety, Truthfulness, Sacrifice, and
love of the Fatherland."