login problem

Brett generica at email.com
Mon Jun 26 16:37:15 PDT 2000

Hey,

I'm also having the same problem.
Right now I have the lfs system installed with 2 kernels,
2.4.0-test2, and 2.2.14 (yes yes, i'm waiting for .17, ok?)
Like the person who posted, I can't log in with 2.4, only with 2.2.

The response originally was that shadowing doesn't work with the 2.3/4
series.  So why is this ?  What can we do.  The machine I'm posting from
is using 2.4 and shadowing, so why is it different for the lfs system ?

The questions below don't really apply, as the system works fine with the
other kernel, and i'd hazard a guess that the other guy with the problem's
system is fine in those regards too...

so any ideas on what we can do to get 2.4 working ?
besides getting rid of all the shadowing...

thanks,

	/ Brett