configure problem with ed

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jun 27 09:38:30 PDT 2000

> As you can see GCC is found (checking for gcc) but I am not using GCC ???
> also lot's of header-files are not found.

and it says you're cross compiling (if a configure script can compile
a simple program but cannot execute it, it thinks you have a cross
compiler but that assumption if often wrong (it can't actually test
that, it just thinks so since it assumes that your gcc was installed
correctly)). You'll have to start by reinstalling GCC outside the chroot
environment and make sure you type the proper commands from 2.3.5b (do
check for typo's, missing dashes and the like. Also try without compiler
optimizations)

www.linuxfromscratch.org