rm forget ?

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jun 28 07:37:01 PDT 2000

> Hm?
> Do I miss the point here? Shouldn't the files in /bin be statically,
> so that if you can not mount the lib-dirs (for what reason ever)
> you still are able to do the most important commands for rescuing
> the system?

I haven't seen one distribution that has the files in /bin statically
linked. I don't plan on doing it. If the FHS starts saying we should,
then I'll change that of course. But, of course, as usual, nobody's
stopping you.

Also, the /lib dir isn't supposed to be a separate partition but it's
supposed to be on the root partition. The only thing that can happen now
is that you corrupt the Glibc. If you were to do that you can't rescue
much becuase you would have to reinstall Glibc and that requires more
than just the files in /bin

www.linuxfromscratch.org