console-tools

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jun 28 07:42:01 PDT 2000

> I personally would prefer not to see errors at all.  Besides, if you
> automate the build (which is the subject of another LFS list :), it will
> fail on the errors.  Maybe we should have the sgml tools built first ?

I don't consider sgml tools part of a basic system. Also, sgml tools is
a real real real real pain to compile, especially the 1.x version which
is needed in this case (sgml2html is a tool from the 1.x version based
on an older LinuxDoc DTD. 2.x and up are based on DocBook - the industry
DTD standard and doens't contain the sgml2html and other sgml2...
utilities anymore).

A choice is to setup your sgml parsing environment manually. That means
installing Jade, docbook-dtd, docbook entities and dssl. You can then
create your own sgml2html script to do the work. Now, word is out that
jade doens't compile with gcc-2.95.2. I haven't tried it yet (no my own
LFS system still isn't finished) but I will get to it eventually. But
even if I get it working (I need to get it working since I need jade,
dsssl and other tools to develop the book) it won't be added to the
book.

I'd rather go for using a patch to disable the build of the html files
rather than setting up an sgml parser environment.

www.linuxfromscratch.org