Devpts

Thomas T. Veldhouse veldy at veldy.net
Wed Jun 28 11:36:39 PDT 2000

I found it.  My previous answer was incomplete:

Compile your kernel with CONFIG_UNIX98_PTYS and CONFIG_DEVPTS_FS.
mknod /dev/ptmx c 5 2
chmod 666 /dev/ptmx
mkdir /dev/pts

Add to /etc/fstab:
none            /dev/pts        devpts gid=5,mode=620    0 0

-   (Note:  gid=5 is applicable for Red Hat systems for which group "tty"
has
-   gid 5.  Adjust according to your distribution.  Use mode=600 if you want
-   "mesg n" to be default.)

mount /dev/pts

Tom Veldhouse
veldy at veldy.net