[OFF-TOPIC] [Fwd: Linux-2.4.0-test2]

Laszlo Radanyi lrd at plea.se
Thu Jun 29 08:42:43 PDT 2000

In fact,

I was just installing the newest LFS on my old notebook (P-233), and I
started out with this kernel.

Would you believe that our Great Kernel Wizards have changed the ext2fs
inode structure ? e2fsprogs-1.18 is *NOT* compatible with this kernel.

When I had changed (updated) the necessary file, I couldn't compile because
the process freaked out in string.h.... the whole thing stinked.

I threw out the package and the kernel sources, threw in 2.2.16 and Whoa!
everything went very very smoothly.

The strange thing is that I haven't read that ANYBODY has had this prob.

Would you others with the bleeding-edge kernel comment on this ?

/Laszlo