Bash error

Sherab Puntsok alantam at netscape.net
Wed Jun 7 01:39:08 PDT 2000

Hi all,

   Base system = Debian 2.1/Slink
   gcc = 2.7.2.3
   bash = 2.0.4 (upgraded)
   export LFS=/tam
   new gcc-2.95.2 installed on /usr/local/gcc2952

   I was following the book 2.3.3 until I reached the way to install
glibc-2.1.3.
   During the middle of the make process the program stopped because I've run
out of disk space. (partition for LFS system is 1044.62 Mb) So I deleted some
of the unnecessary source tarballs (kde & sound files) that were in the
$LFS/usr/src directory.
   After making room for the compilation. I re-issue the same
command as a while ago (as per book 2.3.3 chapter 5) but I get the error
saying:

/tam/usr/src/glibc-build (0 Mb)# CC=/usr/local/gcc2952/bin/gcc\
> ../glibc-2.1.3/configure --prefix=/usr --enable-add-ons
bash: --prefix=/usr: No such file or directory

   Then I tried to correct it by installing the new make-3.78.1 from tarball
but to no success. (Original system make version is 3.77)

   Any ideas why it happens like that ?
   How to correct it ?
   Do I have to do re-install everything (LFS system) from the beginning ?

   With regards,
   Alan

(Optional)
If you say " Om Ma Ne Pad Mei Hung ",