Is this critical ? (Glibc-2.1.3)

Sherab Puntsok alantam at netscape.net
Wed Jun 28 06:52:35 PDT 2000

Hi Jesse,
   My bash is 2.04 compiled with gcc-2.95.2, glibc-2.1.2 on base system
by doing
      ./configure
      make            (no error)
      make tests      (no error)
      make install    (no error)

   So glibc-2.1.3 was compiled under bash-2.04
                                     gcc-2.95.2
                                     glibc-2.1.2
                                 and kernel 2.2.16

   Will the info help to solve ?

   BTW what is ppl mean ?
   Thanks Jesse.

   Alan

"Jesse Tie Ten Quee" <highos at cadvision.com> wrote:
> Yo,
>
> >   I've ./configured glibc-2.1.3 with --enable-add-ons=crypt,linuxthreads
> >make and make checked. During the process there are a lot of
> >   /bin/sh: invalid character 45 for exportstr in full-config-sysdirs
> >Is this critical ?
>
> What version of Bash are you using?
> There is a patch (IIRC) to fix this for 2.3.5b
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/download/glibc-2.1.3.patch.gz
>
> Am i off here? dunno... i just know a lot of ppl were having trouble
> compiling Bash with certain versions of Bash.
>
> did you create a configparms file with your paths in them? considering it's
> about sysdirs and exportstr dunno, someone more knowledgeable, answer this
> :)
>
> .HIghoS (laters...)
> --
> Jesse Tie Ten Quee - tie at linux.ca - highos at highos.com