linux/lfs-security lists (was Re: [draht at suse.de:......])

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Nov 1 10:34:53 PST 2000

> > Better yet, use the linux list for security matters. Security is a
> > general linux subject, the list is in place, the only effort required is
> > to post.
>
> Ah well, it's too late anyways, the list is allready created.

can be removed by issuesing one or two commands so don't worry about that.

I actually wouldn't mind removing the linux list. It's not being used
anymore, it used to be used for the off-topic lfs questions but they are now
dealt with on lfs-apps and lfs-config

I also want to remove the lfs-config list and just use the lfs-apps lists for
both lfs-apps and lfs-config purposes.

The current lists are:

alfs-admin
alfs-discuss
alfs-docs
alfs-ipc
alfs-license
alfs-pr
alfs-profile
lfs-admin
lfs-announce
lfs-apps
lfs-config
lfs-discuss
lfs-security
lfs-traducfr
linux

I want to remove the following lists:
alfs-license
alfs-pr
lfs-apps
linux

That leaves us with:
alfs-admin	- ALFS admin related issues (not used right now, but will be in
future)
alfs-discuss	- General ALFS discussion
alfs-docs	- ALFS doc. project
alfs-ipc		- ALFS InterProcessCommunication (will be started very soon)
alfs-profile	- ALFS Profile discussion
lfs-admin	- LFS Admin issues
lfs-announce	- Announce list of new versions
lfs-apps		- All that doesn't fit on lfs-discuss
lfs-discuss	- General LFS discussion list
lfs-security	- Security
lfs-traducfr	- French translation list

If everybody can agree on this I will make this happen on Friday

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org