Partition Space

Matthias Benkmann mbenkmann at gmx.de
Wed Nov 1 13:44:19 PST 2000

>  Unfortunately, I am a carpenter.

Wanna hear my favorite carpenter joke? No? Too late :-)

St. Peter stood at the Pearly Gates, waiting for the incoming. He saw
Jesus walking by and caught his attention. "Jesus, could you mind the gate
while I go do an errand?"

"Sure," replied Jesus. "What do I have to do?"

"Just find out about the people who arrive. Ask about their background,
their family, and their lives. Then decide if they deserve entry into
Heaven."

"Sounds easy enough. OK."

So Jesus waited at the gates while St. Peter went off on his errand.

The first person to approach the gates was a wrinkled old man. Jesus
summoned him to the examination table and sat across from him. Jesus
peered at the old man and asked, "What was it you did for a living?"

The old man replied, "I was a carpenter."

Jesus remembered his own earthly existence and leaned forward. "Did you
have any family?" he asked.

"Yes, I had a son, but I lost him."

Jesus leaned forward some more. "You lost your son? Can you tell me about
him?"

"Well, he had holes in his hands and feet."

Jesus leaned forward even more and whispered, "Father?"

The old man leaned forward and whispered, "Pinocchio?"

----
Who is this General Failure,
and why is he reading my disk ?

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org