error on "make install" util-linux

ken_i_m ken_i_m at elegantinnovations.com
Wed Nov 1 22:16:57 PST 2000

Hey, hey I be getting further and further along with this.

make install complained with the following:

chgrp tty /usr/bin/write
chgrp: invalid group name `tty'
make[1]: *** [install] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/util-linux-1.10o/misc-utils'
make: *** [install] Error 1

Looking in the MCONFIG file I see a comment block about th"USE_TTY_GROUP"
option. The default is yes. Do I want to change this to no or did I miss
something else at an earlier point in this enterprise? Missing stuff has me
wondering if there is a method I can utilize when I get this thing to boot
to check for missing loose ends?
I think, therefore, ken_i_m

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org