Problems compiling make

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Nov 2 04:32:49 PST 2000

On November  1, 2000 08:55 pm, you wrote:
> Well, I'm so glad I finally got past the gcc/glibc section.
> Unfortunately, I'm now having problems with make. Does this strange
> error look at all familiar to anybody?

Seen it before, blame your distribution ;)
You better don't compile all the software staticallly but just dynamically.
In your case it should still work in chroot...no guarantees though.

How to not link statically?
When you install software in chapter 5 don't pass the LDFLAGS=-static
parameters to anything.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org