error on "make install" util-linux

r.floers at web.de r.floers at web.de
Thu Nov 2 10:42:00 PST 2000

the x in "tty:x:4:" indicates the use of shadow passwords.
could a faulty shadow password suite be the problem?
try replacing the x with ! (exclamation mark)
! means: password is empty line and shadow passwords are not used.
i'm not sure if passwords are actually checked when you run make,
but i think it's worth a try.

hth

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org