error on "make install" util-linux

r.floers at web.de r.floers at web.de
Thu Nov 2 13:20:00 PST 2000

i've had a look a the MCONFIG file of util-linux, this is the part concerning the tty group:

# If USE_TTY_GROUP is set to "yes", then wall and write will be installed
# setgid to the "tty" group, and mesg will only set the group write bit.
# Note that this is only useful if login/xterm/etc. change the group of the
# user's tty to "tty" [The login in util-linux does this correctly, and
# xterm will do it correctly if X is compiled with USE_TTY_GROUP set
# properly.]
USE_TTY_GROUP=yes

if i do understand right compiling with
USE_TTY_GROUT=no
will only affect behavior of wall, write and mesg.

try it ;-)
you can recompile util-linux later (when you finished your lfs-installation).