Suggestion for low HD people?

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Thu Nov 2 13:41:13 PST 2000

Yo,

On Thu, Nov 02, 2000 at 01:59:53PM -0800, Jeffery McLean wrote:
> I was trying to install Linux on a scrap computer... 100 meg HD
> yesterday... :)

Not possible, i've only stripped down an LFS build to less then 200MB,
you can get away with more if you take away /usr/src/linux (which is a
good ~84MB) (strip down, i mean w/o taking out packages from the Book,
just by stripping binaries/libraries)

I would suggest Debian, a base install is 60MB (my memory may be off :)
and you can add packages easy enough with apt-get.

-

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org