Suggestion for low HD people?

ken_i_m ken_i_m at elegantinnovations.com
Thu Nov 2 14:33:08 PST 2000

I don't know about others but I am not about to experiment with rolling an
OS from sources on my main boxes. They have to be up so that I can do my
work. At present the laptop I am using for LFS play is not critical but due
to form-factor I can not drop one of my spare drives into it either.

I was presented with the "90% of the market/audience is ..." argument in a
meeting last night. In the situation, I could not discount her premise.
However, it is my belief that all innovation and evolution takes place in
the "noise" fringe. Don't casually filter out the noise. There may be
unthought of design reasons for building an OS on a system with limited
storage capacity. Money not being one of them.

At 01:56 PM 11/2/00 -0800, you wrote:
>Better for low space users maybe, but considering that the price of a 14GB
>hard drive is around US$109, creating everything for the folks taht don't
>want to upgrade or don';t have the cash to upgrade really is not the
>responsibility of the list or Gerard.

I think, therefore, ken_i_m

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org