PowerPC (Mac) Question

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Thu Nov 2 15:02:45 PST 2000

Yo,

On Thu, Nov 02, 2000 at 11:53:33PM +0100, Florin Boariu wrote:
> I'm planing to buy an iBook and install linux on it. I'll use a
> cross-compiler to generate code for the G3 from my current Intel machine
> (that should work, shouldn't it?)

It should, if you do it right ;)

I'm no Mac expert (dreams of a Quad G4) but my advice would be to
install a distro like LinuxPPC and bootstrap off of it
(http://www.linuxppc.com)

Any Mac users wanna comment...?

> Anyway, the biggest sorrow I have right now is: now do you use X with only
> one mouse button? I mean, ok, you can emulate a third button if you
> alreadu have two, but how the hell do you emulate a second if you only
> have one?

*patpats* No offense..G3/G4 are sweet machine but the single button
mouse sucks.. it's small and disorienting and only has one button ;)

You can buy other USB mouse that are "tradition" with 2 or 3 buttons.

-

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org