PowerPC (Mac) Question

Jesse McCrosky mccrosky at ualberta.ca
Thu Nov 2 16:42:45 PST 2000

	There's one very simple reason why I run linux on my PPC G4.
Sometimes, in fact quite often, I need to use an OS other than linux.
In my extensive experience with both MacOS and various versions of
Windows, I have found MacOS to be vastly superior.  If I were using
intel (or similar) hardware I wouldn't be able to use the MacOS.

	I've got to admit, despite the *theory* of platform independance of
linux/GNU things are tough on a mac.  I've been working for quite a
while to get xf86 running on my ppc-lfs and am just now (after patching
makefiles, asking a zillion people a zillion questions, etc) finally
making progress.

	jesse McCrosky
	 ok, I guess you could call me macaddict...