how to proceed with chapter 7 concerning cat > output << EOF

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Nov 2 18:39:03 PST 2000

> echo '
> some junk here
> kill -9 `cat /var/run/$1.pid`
> ' >script

That does work better. One thing though, but it's not an issue in the
boot scripts yet:

cat '
`cat /var/run/$1.pid` this works fine
blah 'testing'
' > output

We now end up with "blah testing" in the file in stead of having testing
surrounded by ' But, hey, you can't have everything when you create
files with cat or echo.  As far as I can see single quotes aren't used
in the scripts, I don't see a problem with the echo ones. It'll probably
be used, just have to test it (and whaddayaknow i happen to be building
not one but two LFS systems during the next few days...time enough to
test this properly )

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org