make LDFLAGS=-static gives error "undefined reference to `getloadavg'"

greg scott snoop at linuxfreak.com
Thu Nov 2 22:06:11 PST 2000

hi Gerard,

thx for the comments.

the only thing i know relating to glibc is the debian libc6 packages.
even the debian unstable is only  libc6 2.1.95-1, so where would i
look for glibc2.2?

as for whats on my debian stable (potato), i have:
ii  libc6	2.1.95-1	GNU C Library: Shared libraries and Timezone data
ii  libc6-dev	2.1.3-10	GNU C Library: Development Libraries and Header Files.

the libc6-dev package includes /usr/lib/libc.a :
   -rw-r--r--    1 root     root      2090192 May  1  2000 /usr/lib/libc.a

are there any any further commands to provide info for getting at the
suspected problem with my static C library?

thank you,
greg

--
gx1 PIII-500MHz