how to proceed with chapter 7 concerning cat > output << EOF

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Nov 3 07:09:41 PST 2000

> Well, what does "from scratch" mean exactly?  Typing config files in
> one keystroke at a time probably fits, but now we're talking about
> copy-and-paste, which is just a way of duplicating "en masse" something
> from the book.

Yes, I realize that too. But copy/pasting still forces the user to read
through the file or at least glace at it, perhaps getting their attention and
they read all of it. By downloading it, it often ends up in init.d to be
never looked at. At the moment you at least see what's happening...

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org