how to proceed with chapter 7 concerning cat > output << EOF

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Nov 3 07:12:00 PST 2000

> Suggest:
> - Leave the book c&p and proper reading lecture
> - Leave catting to those who know how to do it
> - Leave archive for those too lazy or whatever

I had come to that conclusion myself too. cat'ing will still be used for
small files like config parms (just so you install Glibc easier with scripts)
and the boot scripts have to be copy/pasted. Might not be consistent but i
think in the end it's better. And right there is always the
bootscripts.tar.bz2 file (which I should mention in the book at some point)

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org