PowerPC (Mac) Question

Florin Boariu florin at bnv-bamberg.de
Fri Nov 3 18:04:08 PST 2000

Yes, that's the dark side of the force.

But why would you want to build your own machine? Probably because you
don't want any cheap components, you want quality. You want parts than fit
together 100% Well, by not being commodity hardware, Apple archieves this
goal more or less satisfying (rather more, I guess, even if not yet the
best possible).

So actually your [better: my] need for customization shrinks. The only
things that remain are RAM, some graphics chips, HDD... needs which, as
Jesse said, are satisfied to some extent by the Apple Store.

Of course, the possibilities to hardware-configure a laptop are rather
limited, but that goes for Intel machines aswell.

--
[...] try this new version instead, which many people believe to
      be the perfect compromise between new and old bugs. :)

	-- announce of ircII 2.9 "roof"

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org