PowerPC (Mac) Question

Jonathan Wilson wilson at claborn.net
Fri Nov 3 22:15:45 PST 2000

Yes and despite the opinion of many, there are /tons/ of things you can do to customize your Mac even outside the Apple Store - Video card makers are pumping out new PCI and AGP cards for the Mac trying to outdo each other, sound cards, {Good|Bad|cheap|insanely expensive} RAM, Different Mice, Different keyboards, every manner of SCSI cards, scsi drives, LS-120s, {Jazz|Orb|Zip
\Syquest} Drives, FireWire and USB this and that.... it's really just a lie to think that Macs aren't customizable, like some people think - you can get a Mac version of almost anything you can get for a PC.

And especially when you're talking about laptops: c'mon, are you really gonna upgrade the processor in your Sony Vaio yourself? I didn't think so ;-)

And to answer the fir guy that wondered why you'd buy an Laptop: if /nothing/ else (oh, but there is more!) it's worth it because PPC's are a much better arch then x86. Period. Also Apple ia always ahead on their bus speeds.

Anyway back to work.....(I'm working overtime for a new G4 ;-)

        JW