Fatal in running lilo configure

Ainsley Pereira lfs-discuss at executor.karoo.co.uk
Sun Nov 5 09:03:27 PST 2000

In message <4.3.2.7.2.20001105094217.00c56420 at elegantinnovations.com>
          ken_i_m <ken_i_m at elegantinnovations.com> wrote:

> Well, I am getting real close now but . . .
>
> bash-2.04# less /etc/lilo.conf
> boot=/dev/hda
> map=/boot/map
> install=/boot/boot.b
> prompt
> timeout=50
> linear
> default=linux
>
> image=/boot/lfskernel
>            label=lfs
>            read-only
>            root=/dev/hda2
>
> bash2.04# /sbin/lilo
> Added lfs
> Fatal: No images have been defined.
>
> bash2.04# ls /boot
> System.map    boot-text.b     chain.b     os2_d.b
> boot-menu.b    boot.b            lfskernel    vmlinux-2.2.14-5.0
>
> Well, I don't grok what I am doing here. Just following a recipe at this point.

You have 'linux' as your default label, but the only one you've defined is
'lfs'. I'm not sure if that's what the fatal error is about, but it could be
confusing it. Change either your default=linux line to default=lfs, or your
label=lfs line to label=linux and see if that helps. (Doesn't matter which you
do, just don't do both.)

~A.

   / Ainsley Pereira       /   aka Marble on Snowplains   /
  /                       / telnet://snowplains.org:3456 /

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org