Fatal in running lilo configure

Zachary Spalding stzs at mail.marist.edu
Sun Nov 5 09:54:36 PST 2000

Quoting ken_i_m <ken_i_m at elegantinnovations.com>:

> Well, I am getting real close now but . . .
>
> bash-2.04# less /etc/lilo.conf
> boot=/dev/hda
> map=/boot/map
> install=/boot/boot.b
> prompt
> timeout=50
> linear
> default=linux
>
> image=/boot/lfskernel
>            label=lfs
>            read-only
>            root=/dev/hda2
>
> bash2.04# /sbin/lilo
> Added lfs
> Fatal: No images have been defined.
>
> bash2.04# ls /boot
> System.map    boot-text.b     chain.b     os2_d.b
> boot-menu.b    boot.b            lfskernel    vmlinux-2.2.14-5.0
>
> Well, I don't grok what I am doing here. Just following a recipe at this
> point.
>
> I think, therefore, ken_i_m
>

> --

The problem is with your default label.  In this conf you are only declaring an
lfs image but there is no linux image. When you run lilo it tries to find an
image that is label linux but can not find one that is why you get that error.
Just change the defualt to lfs and run lilo again it should work fine.

Zack Spalding
Zacahry.J.Spalding at Marist.edu

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org