Fatal in running lilo configure

Rudolf Floers r.floers at web.de
Sun Nov 5 10:24:50 PST 2000

On Sun, Nov 05, 2000 at 09:57:44AM -0700, ken_i_m wrote:
> Well, I am getting real close now but . . .
>
> bash-2.04# less /etc/lilo.conf
> boot=/dev/hda
> map=/boot/map
> install=/boot/boot.b
> prompt
> timeout=50
> linear
> default=linux
>
> image=/boot/lfskernel
>            label=lfs
>            read-only
>            root=/dev/hda2
>
> bash2.04# /sbin/lilo
> Added lfs
> Fatal: No images have been defined.
>
> bash2.04# ls /boot
> System.map    boot-text.b     chain.b     os2_d.b
> boot-menu.b    boot.b            lfskernel    vmlinux-2.2.14-5.0
>
> Well, I don't grok what I am doing here. Just following a recipe at this point.
>
> I think, therefore, ken_i_m
>

> --

my /etc/lilo.conf looks like this:

-------------

boot=/dev/sda
read-only
prompt
timeout=50
append="mem=128M"

image = /boot/vmlinuz
  label = lfs
  root = /dev/sda1

that's enough for my system.

what does default mean? perhaps it should be default=lfs instead.
try to comment out default, map, install and linear.

note: if you've got more than 64M RAM you need to tell the kernel at
boottime. append="mem=XXXM" does that.

hope this helps,
rf

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org