Yeah, it boots but . . . not right

J.A. Neitzel jan.listbox at belvento.org
Mon Nov 6 09:30:32 PST 2000

On Monday 06 November 2000 12:19, Thomas 'Balu' Walter gave us this to
ponder:
> +-ken_i_m-(ken_i_m at elegantinnovations.com)-[06.11.00 18:08]:
> [Boot/shutdown-Problems]
>
> > Oh, I am getting confused. I think there may be some info that
> > scrolls off the screen before I can spot it. Is there a log? Failing
> > that what/where should I start looking?
>
> I would suggest getting the bootscripts-tar from
> http://download.linuxfromscratch.org/bootscripts/bootscripts.tar.bz2
> and try to install them, I often had problems regarding to cutnpaste of
> the bootscripts...

Ayup! Or perhaps you could just get those bootscripts, unpack them into
some tmp dir, and then diff them against your scripts to see where they
differ. I believe all the errors you mentioned can be attributed to an
error in /etc/inittab and the particular scripts that gave a 127 error. I
saw a couple of those once, and they were typos I had made.

>      Ba-shutdown.-h.now-lu

BTW Thomas, I love all your sigs. Very creative! =))
--
Regards,
J.A. Neitzel

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org