Yeah, it boots but . . . not right

ken_i_m ken_i_m at elegantinnovations.com
Mon Nov 6 12:44:58 PST 2000

OK, it's not booting.

I downloaded the bootscripts and ran diff against what I have. Corrected
where I had gone wrong. I still have something amiss somewhere. This is
what I am getting now:

INIT: version 2.78 booting
INIT: /etc/inittab[5]: missing process field
INIT: Entering runlevel: 3
Starting system log daemon. . .      {it hangs for a long time
then]    [FAILED]
Starting kernel log daemon. .

(none) login:

I went through the "Setting up symlinks and permissions" section again.
Didn't find anything wrong there. Still hangs on sysklogd . . .
Did the install on sysklogd again (just for s & g).
Obviously that "missing process field" is what I need to figure out for
starters but I simply do not know enough yet.
I think, therefore, ken_i_m

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org