Kernel 2.4

Mike Hildebrandt mikehild at insight.org
Tue Nov 7 09:09:17 PST 2000

I compiled my LFS 2.4.2 system from scratch using Mandrake 7.1 as the
starting system (with kernel 2.2.16 I believe).  I followed the steps in the
book exactly, so I guess the only things that need to be compiled on the new
kernel are the two net* packages.  At least nothing else had a problem (but
then again, they were all compiled using the includes from 2.4-test10, so
that might make a difference...).