[Re: An idea for a LSF jumpstart]

Corey Cox sleepnir at usa.net
Tue Nov 7 09:39:09 PST 2000

The boot CD isn't a bad idea, but some of us are trying to build on boxes that
don't have a CD or won't boot a CD.  I'm wondering if there is a possibility
of setting up a disk that could get *most* machines up to a running network so
they could download and untar a static build, like the one Jesse built, and
then they would be all set to start building LFS without out a starting
distro.  I'm a relative newbie so I really don't have any idea how hard that
would be - anyone know?  anyone want to try it?  Well, at any rate I think
that would be extremely useful - it could be used by anyone wanting to bring
down any distribution without needing anything but the net.

Corey Cox.

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org