[Re: An idea for a LSF jumpstart]

Jeffery McLean jeffery at meowpawjects.com
Tue Nov 7 10:06:57 PST 2000

On Sat, 13 Dec 2036, you wrote:
> The boot CD isn't a bad idea, but some of us are trying to build on boxes that
> don't have a CD or won't boot a CD.  I'm wondering if there is a possibility
> of setting up a disk that could get *most* machines up to a running network so
> they could download and untar a static build, like the one Jesse built, and

This kinda struck an idea :)
Back to flopy boot but... the flopy only has enough to get on-line
and download more binarys into the ram disk..
(kinda slow I know)
Then download source etc etc etc...

My thought BTW started when I tried to install LFS on a
486 PS/2 system (with CDrom) RedHat couldn't access the
drive.

I personally could probably set up a barebone system on
a ZipDisk (SlackZip allready exists)

If I ever have the time I wana try :)
--
http://www.meowpawjects.com/ Doing the impossible daily
Come see my projects and download my code. Open source all the way....

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org