make LDFLAGS=-static gives error "undefined reference to `getloadavg'"

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Nov 7 10:43:41 PST 2000

On November  4, 2000 04:29 pm, you wrote:
> > <quote>
> > But if you need the same package again in a later chapter you need
> > to delete the directory first before using it again.
> > If you don't do this, you might end up in trouble ...
> > Doing a simple make clean does not always guarantee a totally clean
> > source tree.
> > </quote>
> >
> > Means: whenever you do a package use freshly unpacked sources.
>
> Isn't "make distclean" enough?

If a package's Makefile file has a distclean rule...not all have them and
some that do have them don't work properly. So I just avoid problems by rm -r
and unpacking the directory. Takes perhaps 5 seconds longer to unpack a
package rather than make distclean. It's worth it to me

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org