gcc 2.95.2 crash during static compile..

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Nov 7 10:59:10 PST 2000

> I accidentally sent this to the wrong alfs user group earlier, and I got a
> reply that I couldn't use RH 7.0 b/c it had too many new features... Does
> anyone know a work around???

If you find one, let us know. We're really interested.

It all comes down to that RH7 uses an unstable Glibc version with new C
standards. GCC just cannot compile against that Glibc version. You might be
able to try to compile the unstable alpha gcc software that RH7 ships but you
really don't want to do that. Running unstable Glibc and GCC is the recipe
for a very unstable system.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org