Kernel 2.4

Brett generica at email.com
Tue Nov 7 13:14:25 PST 2000

Hey,

Like a few other people, I'm happily using 2.4.0-test10, and reiserfs on
my LFS 2.3.7 box.  Its really not as complicated as you seem to
think.  Nothing needs recompiling, its just a case of compiling your new
kernel and rebooting.  All my optional packages installed have been done
so with the 2.4 headers, hardly any problems.  I keep a copy of 2.2.17
onboard, just in case a prog _definitely_ needs old headers.  Just a case
of moving a symlink and recompiling the prog.

Just give it a go, its completely reversable anyway.

	/ Brett

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org