unsubscribe

Matthias Benkmann mbenkmann at gmx.de
Wed Nov 8 13:30:25 PST 2000

> > unsubscribe
> >
> > --
>
> Is it really THAT hard?! Two people doing the same fault at the same
> day. Thats... well... I better don´t say what I think this is :)

The strange thing is not that it happens. It's that it happens *here*.
After all, this is not kindergarten at aol.com, it's a discussion list of a
very technical nature. Somehow I have trouble imagining the same person
editing /etc/passwd and not being able to unsubscribe.
On the other hand, maybe the inability to do the former is exactly the
reason _why_ those guys want to unsubscribe from this list.
BTW, why can't the listbot process "unsubscribe" requests to the normal
list? There is only a very faint possibility of someone using
"unsubscribe" as a normal subject (especially if the welcome mail told him
not to do so), and he would notice it immediately once he gets the mail
that tells him to confirm his unsubscription. The bot could also do him a
favor and attach his original message so that it isn't lost and he can
just forward it (with a changed subject).

MSB

----
This sentence no verb.

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org