LILO bad, GRUB good

Matthias Benkmann mbenkmann at gmx.de
Wed Nov 8 13:30:25 PST 2000

I can only advise everybody to dump LILO and switch to GRUB. LILO is just
too complicated and troublesome. GRUB is more flexible, easier to use and
doesn't need to be reinstalled if your kernel changes position on the
disk. It also offers a command line for interactive kernel selection (and
more) so that you don't even have to bother with its config file if you
just want to try out a freshly compiled kernel. I see absolutely *nothing*
that speaks in favor of LILO.

MSB

----

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org